That the first 32 bytes are all hex zeroes for a described incident seems to me to suggest, that the so-called "classic problem" is likely *not* the origin for the problem. Presuming that the parameter data is being used to set the value of the column which becomes all hex zeroes... If the error were the result of the default padding limit for a parameter, probably some of the first 32-bytes would have a somewhat expected and reasonable value [with hex zeroes being somewhat rare for most types except with zero-value integers], such that only the trailing bytes would have [the hex zeroes or some other unpredictable] unexpected data that comes from the PASA Program Automatic Storage Area.?

Regards, Chuck