Find the printer file for qpjoblog and change the outq assigned to it....or
do a chgjob....or do an ovrprtf in the job...

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam_L
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:58 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Write Joblog to a different OUTQ

I have a bunch of year end jobs where I'd like to route the joblog to
somewhere other than QEZJOBLOG. Preferably without changing the jobs.

From my research, job logs go to the OUTQ specified in the the QPJOBLOG
printer file. The spooling system finds the first QPJOBLOG in the
library list and uses that, and the first QPJOBLOG is in QSYS, which is
at the top of the library list. Thus it seems very hard to reroute job
logs.

If I create a temporary library, copy QPJOBLOG there, change it, and put
that library at the top of the library list, I can make it work. Code
like this:
PGM
CHGSYSLIBL LIB(SAM_TEMP)
dsplibl
ENDPGM

But that means I would have to change every job.

I suppose I could permanently move QPJOBLOG to somewhere in the user
portion of the library list and control it by manipulating the library
list through JOBDs.

Has anyone else come up with a solution? How have you done it?

Thanks, Sam