SNDPGMMSG MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) MSGTYPE(*INQ) +
MSGDTA('Must select either *START or *STOP') +
TOPGMQ(*EXT) KEYVAR(&KEYVAR)
RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*RPY) MSGKEY(&KEYVAR) WAIT(*MAX) MSG(&MSGRPY)

When I compile this I am getting a CPD2409
Message . . . . : Specified message type not valid with specified
program
message queue.
Cause . . . . . : ESCAPE and CMD messages cannot be sent to the external

program message queue (*EXT). INQUIRY messages cannot be sent to program

message queues other than (*EXT).
Recovery . . . : Change the message type or change the program queue
name.