Darryl,

When you've displayed QAUDJRN place a 5 next to the entry in question and press enter. You will be shown 1 of 2 screens. If the screen heading says " Display Journal Entry" press F10.

The screen will change and the screen heading will say " Display Journal Entry Details". Toward the bottom you'll see " Job . . . . . . . . :". The information to the right of this will be the job identifier (jobnumber/jobuser/jobname) for the job that generated the journal entry. Copy, or write down, the job identifier.

Now go back to the command line and run the DSPJRN command again but supply the job identifier you copied/wrote down.

DSPJRN JRN(QAUDJRN) yoursettings JOB(jobnumber/jobuser/jobname) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILFMT(*TYPE5) OUTFILE(yourlib/yourfile) +
ENTDTALEN(*CALC) NULLINDLEN(*CALC)

yoursettings = your receiver range, date range, etc.
yourlib = the name of your library
yourfile = the name you want to use for the output file name.

This will give you something to sort and search. Using *TYPE5 gives you the client IP address if it is known in addition to some other stuff that can be valuable.

In the outfile there is a field named JOESD (journal entry specific data). The format of this data varies depending upon the journal code and entry type. For code T the entry formats are in the security manual appendix F.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp
i5/OS Information Center, Version 5 Release 4/Security/Security Reference

You can use the tool of your choice to parse/scan/decipher JOESD.

HTH.

Gary