From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Luis Rodriguez
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:43 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: For Christmas, I want

Gary,

Not quite "out of the box" standard, I suppose, but using JDBC and some routines, Scott Klement has provided the community with a simple method to access non-IBM i DBs.

We have been using Scott's routines for some time now against an Oracle DB without any problems. It is maybe not as fast as we would like (probably more an issue with our OS/Java release than anything else), but it is quite adequate.

Also, Dieter Bender has some routines that allows you to do a "CONNECT TO" to foreign DBs, using STRSQL, for instance.

So maybe the gift has already been received, and you just missed the sender's name :-)

Best Regards,

Luis