RE: Activating remote journals after a switch

fixed

We had Sirius build the startup programs and activity switch stuff. Our Startup program is: MXSIRIUS/MXSTARTUP. This program starts some basic subsystem and Mimix subsystem. It then submits MXSTARTUP2.

MXSTARTUP2 then calls on the source system, APPSTRSRC. This starts up all of our custom stuff. This is where I start remote journaling for our non-Mimix remote journals.

Mimix basically has 4 programs that are the guts of an activity switch:
APPSTRSRC - Start as source system
APPSTRTGT - Start as target system
APPENDSRC - End source system mode
APPENDTGT - End target system mode

Your system may be different. Check out your startup program: DSPSYSVAL QSTRUPPGM

Here is a link to remote journaling from IBM:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzaki/rjournals/rzakiactiverep.htm

The command to start remote journaling - recommend you submit to batch:
CHGRMTJRN RDB(REMOTESYSTEMNAME)
SRCJRN(LOCALJRN)
JRNSTATE(*ACTIVE)