The jobs that service database connections including ADO, JDBC, and so on, pick up their library list from the job description (*JOBD) referenced by the prestart job entries that start them. As you mention, the jobs are usually QZDASOINIT jobs started in QUSRWRK. Unless you change the default, these jobs run under user profile QUSER. The jobs change their security user profile when you make a connection from the client software, but they don't change their job description or anything like the library list that comes from the job description.

You can find the QZDASOINIT job servicing your user profile with the WRKOBJLCK command. WRKOBJLCK YOURUSER *USRPRF.

The client access DSN support you're probably using for ADO has a place to set the library list. When you connect using that DSN, the library list of the prestart job is changed to this list. There's also a DSN-less connection string you can use. There's a place in that connection string for the library list. Dig around in the Midrange-L archives. I'm pretty sure Vern has posted several notes regarding connection strings.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Naughton
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:13 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: ADO Connection to iSeries

I'm trying to do something that I had assumed would be pretty basic, but obviously there's something I don't understand.

I'm running a stored procedure on the iSeries (from a Domino agent, if that makes any difference) using an ADO connection. It works fine when I connect using the user profile that we normally use for ADO connections. But when I try to use another user profile that has a different library list, so the stored procedure will use different files, it doesn't work -- that is, it runs, but it finds the same files that it finds with the default user. Also, I had thought that when I started using the new user profile to connect I would find QZDASOINIT jobs in QUSRWRK for that profile, but I don't see any.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Thank you very much in advance!

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Road
Turners Falls, MA 01376
413-676-3144
Internal: x 444
mnaughton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that any use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by replying to it and then delete it from your computer.