Gkern, you don't mention what flavor of linux you would run. If you have
support etc from the likes of redhat and or suse I would think the install
process of zimbra would be much easiear if you encourntered any problems.
I noticed there is a zimbra client, have you tried that at all to get a
feel for the product, they have an online demo as well. If your going to
run linux at your shop and you want to run purchased or open source
software then on what platform would you rather do this on, I sounds like a
good choice.