On 09-Nov-2011 13:32 , Ken Sims wrote:
On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:42:22 -0500 (EST), fbocch2595@xxxxxxx wrote:
I'm trying to transfer a PF from my iSeries to another system, VSE
I think, and I want to know what the settings should be for the
transfer mode. Should I keep it at auto or should I change it to
ascii, binary, ebcdic or none? Do the transfer options need to be
changed also?

VSE sounds like a mainframe. Way back when I did FTPing from an
AS/400 (as it was then) to a mainframe, I used EBCDIC and MODE B
(block mode).

The question of the OP is quite nebulous given the complexity inherent in the huge variance of what might define "a PF" as created by the DB2 for i.

For anything other than a text PF [i.e. source physical file member], refer to the snippet of v5r3 doc [and nearly identical v7r1 doc] included near the bottom of this reply. While mentioning only packed BCD as an issue, more generally non-text [described in fields\columns] database file member data should be exported to text, transferred as text, then imported at the target system... to avoid having a transfer which seems to work today, but fails in the future... not after a change to the structure of the file, but after some change or addition to the data.