From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:51:38 -0600
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Twinax printer over a network

Is it a LAN or a WAN? If it is a LAN then it is probably one of these:
- A direct connection using RJ45 on CAT5 cable or some such thing.
- Running on a twinax repeater much like a direct connection but with a
power booster(s) inbetween
- A twinax to ethernet converter from someone like I/O or Bosanova. Check
out system3x.com

Make your network guys life easier. Convert the darn thing to IP (or buy
a replacement) and set it up as a remote (outq or printer) to the i. When
you go to Power 7 you can kiss twinax good bye unless you're really into
speciality devices anyway. We've not had twinax in years.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738