I have no clue what "blue zone" is. But, if it's like FTP, these options control character set translation.

BINARY = do no translation whatsoever. Exact byte values are preserved. If there are any end-of-line or end-of-record markers, they are sent as-is, no attempt is made to convert them to the desintation system's conventions.

NOTE: Binary mode was originally designed for transferring pictures/images that are not organized into records, and do not contain text. Therefore, it's often referred to as "Image" mode. (Even though today it is used in a wide variety of applications.)

ASCII = Sender converts data to some flavor of ASCII (the CCSID is specified elsewhere) and end-of-line markers to CRLF characters during transmission. The receiver will convert the data back to it's expected destination encoding and end-of-line format.

EBCDIC = Like ASCII mode, but with an EBCDIC character set used during transmission instead of ASCII.

Which should you use? That entirely depends on your situation.