To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John McKee"
Date: 11/09/2011 10:45AM
Subject: Twinax printer over a network

 We have an IPDS printer attached to WCS2.  But, the connection is over the hospital network.  The network guy is asking me how it is connected.  The switch closet was recently upgraded.  He is looking for a link light.  All I recall is that the printer is twinax and runs through a balun and thence to the network.  It gets connected to the another port and thence to a balun and a twinax controller.  The network guy, who upgraded the switch, is telling me that "it will still need to be on the proper VLAN if it is doing layer 2 routing".

What is he saying?

John McKee