Chuck,

Regarding:
<QUOTE/>
Not sure what DSPLIBD exposes with regard to journaling since a
"library" object is not journaled; and unfortunately, automatic
journaling for objects within a *LIB was integrated not with
CRTLIB\CHGLIB, but with a data-area implementation using QDFTJRN. Any
individual objects within a library may or may not be journaled
</QUOTE>

The V6R1 Memo to Users states:
<QUOTE>

A newly created SQL schema is an automatically journaled library. Any file
created into the schema is automatically journaled. You can now use the
Display Library Description (DSPLIBD) command to view the inheritance rules
of the schema.

When a library (schema) is journaled, the journal entries for logical files
that are built over SQL table functions are recorded in the journal for the
library. In earlier releases, journal entries for these objects were
recorded in the QSYS2/QSQJRN journal.
</QUOTE>

I believe that the *dtaara is not longer required (I may be mistaken on
this one). Also, there is a *STRJRNLIB.* According to Infocenter:
<*QUOTE*>

The Start Journal Library (STRJRNLIB) command is used to start journaling
changes (made to a library or list of libraries) to a specific journal, and
optionally to start journaling changes to objects within the library or
list of libraries. Objects created in, moved into, or restored into a
journaled library may be automatically journaled to the same journal the
library is journaled to. For more information about journal entries which
can be sent, see the Journal management topic collection in the i5/OS
Information Center at http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/infocenter/. Search for
"journal entry finder".

After journaling begins for the object, the user should save the journaled
object to preserve its journal attribute information. Also, the object must
be saved because, for example, journaled changes cannot be applied to a
version of the object that was saved before journaling was in effect.

Objects created, moved, or restored into the library that are eligible for
journaling may automatically start journaling to the same journal as the
library. Which objects inherit the journal state of the library and what
journaling attributes they start journaling with are determined by the
inherit journaling attributes of the library.

Use the Display Library Description (DSPLIBD) command to display journal
information including the inherit rules for the library.
</*QUOTE*>

Best Regards
Luis Rodriguez