Update
Well it took a little digging and talking to multiple support techs at IBM..
but here's what I found out.
My config is
8202-E4B with 8 drives in the CEC and a EXP24s with 24 drives
2 drives in the CEC are Mirrored and have VIOS on them
I used VIOS to build Raid5 sets. 1 in the CEC and 3 ( 8 drives each ) in the
EXP24s

VIOS reports/sees a Raid5 set as a Single big disk ( hdisk ) so I have 4
hdisks to use for client OS's
I then made a VolumeGroup out of all 4 Raid5 sets.
I can create a LUN up to 1TB as long as the VolumeGroup has space. A LUN can
span Physical Disks and Raid sets
So all I need to manage is the total space of the VolumeGroup against the
space used by the LUNs already created.

If I was hosting guests on IBM_i, this looks like as long as I have space in
the ASP of the Hosting IBM_i
I can carve out NWSTG spaces for the guest partitions.