... But I'd convert the current_date - 1 year into a numeric value instead
of converting the numeric field values into a real date.
When converting the date into a numeric value an index built over a.CPADDT
can be used.
If a.CPADDT is converted no index can be used, except you are on release 6.1
and you created an index with an additional column that contains the
converted numeric date.

Examples:
Where a.CPADDT > Dec(Replace(Char(Current_Date - 1 Year, ISO), '-', ''), 8,
0) ....

Or
Where a.CPADDT > Dec(VarChar_Format(Current_Timestamp - 1 Year, 'YYYYMMDD'),

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"