I sent this a few weeks back and it describes the process and
what is required to do it:

For those who have not tried this pdf creation, it's a neat little, no cost, way to get
some pretty good results.

Using the IBM document:

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/acf2ee1e9d64b16e8625680b00020389/2bd8020c496ae912862575f400640da6?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,pdf

In a couple of hours:

1. Install 5770TS1 from V7R1 cd B_Groupx_04
(It is also available on V6R1

2. Modify a very simple application like this:

PGM
OVRPRTF FILE(QPDSPLIB) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(66 +
85) LPI(6) CPI(10) PAGRTT(0) +
FORMTYPE(DSPLIB) USRDTA(USERDATA) +
SPLFNAME(DSPLIB) TOSTMF('/home/patrick') +
WSCST(*PDF)
DSPLIB LIB(QGPL) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
ENDPGM

The basic changes are: devtype=*afpds
tostmf='/yourfolder'
wscst=*pdf

3.Check the results and be surprised at how easy this really is.

4. It even works with old S/36 OCL.

You will have play with ovrprtf a little to get expected results.

I am sort of surprised at how easy this is/was...