BRMS does not know about the periodic journal receiver saves and therefore would be unable to help you with your recovery. The good news is all you have to do is create a control group that has the save operations you want in it, and then use the STRBKUBRM command to run it. Another option would be to change the SAVOBJ command in the control language programs to SAVOBJBRM. Both will accomplish the same thing. If you are appending saves onto the same tape today, you can replicated that in BRMS by setting the appropriate switches in the control group or on the SAVOBJBRM command.

In both cases the media management needs to be done to the tapes are ready but that's the easy part.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects