Pete

That's been a great technique for a long time, as you say. Command was probably STRQMQRY - at least it is now.

You don't need Query/400 or Query for IBM i if you have the 57xx-ST1 licensed product - this includes Query Manager - the STRQM command gets you to an interface where you can create QM queries and forms. The interface can be similar to Query for QM queries (PROMPT mode). This is a bit limited - if you want full SQL capability you want to use SQL mode. But the form interface is the same in either case. There are some very nice options in QM that were just not possible in Query - my favorite is being able to wrap within the width of a column, which I suggested to the OP as a way to make a narrower report.

I've given a presentation on QM now at COMMON and at a couple local user groups - it's always possible to learn more of these venerable functionalities, and I've learned from the groups as well as them learning from me.

Regards
Vern