I don't know if I can get our signon screen changed, but I'll give it a try.

But I did do something along those same lines. We now have an internal portal with several EGL applications that I've written. The C-level executives like them very much, but I wanted to make sure they remember what system they're using. They log on to these apps using their green screen user IDs, so I have a big text box on the landing page that tells them they need to enter their IBM i user ID and password.

Then, just to make sure they know what is running this, if they cursor over the instruction box, it switches from a nice Arial font to monospaced green on a black background. So they use the new applications but they are reminded that it's not some Microsoft package doing this; it's the IBM i.

And that's what needs to be sold: the capabilities of the platform, regardless of the name.

Joe

Your comment about users seeing MacBook Pro or Windows 7 constantly brings
up an idea I never thought of.

How about everyone changing their companies Sign On screen (you can change
the sign on screen)
And put:
Welcome to IBM i
Or
Welcome to IBM i running on Power System
Or
Some other term everyone can agree on
Some color everyone can agree on
Location everyone can agree on
Just make it consistent for EVERYONE

Users will see it every day or multiple times a day.
They will eventually start calling it by something other than AS00

John