Trevor,

I don't disagree with your point...I'll even agree that part of the
problem is us developers ( and/or management that won't allow us to do
anything but AS/400 5250 ;)

But I'm thinking about sign-on screens, command lines, ect...stuff
outside the application programs...

Heck even the terminals and the hardware itself...

It just seems that It's really easy for the users to see a difference
between S/36, S/38 and AS/400...than it is to see the difference
between AS/400 and POWER.

Not surprising given that the face of the OS/400 v1r1 is no different
than the face of IBM i 7.1...

Image Intel trying to rebrand the Personal Computer with every new
generation of CPU...

Or Microsoft trying to rebrand new versions of Windows without
changing the UI...

Charles