Our intention is to have both systems at the same ptf level or close to it and usually test has some newer ptf's on it that are put on the production machine 1 or 2 weeks later...so I can't order the latest cum and put it on production b4 test.

Where would I find the run instructions for this iNav utility and are there any gotcha's when using the utility? I have the savf's on the system. You say you can move them over so that is not the same as ordering them...right?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: rob <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Sep 22, 2011 11:48 am
Subject: Re: PTF question

iNav has a utility to compare PTF's between 2 machines. If you still have
save file for the ptf on the system it can even move it over. Normally
hat I do is put the latest cume, ALL groups, and the "recommended ptfs
or various products" on a system and set them to apply at the next IPL.
fter I do that, and before the IPL, I run the iNav utility to compare.
hen I order the ptfs which exist on one system but not on another.
Beats the old DSPPTF to outfiles and comparing them.
Rob Berendt
-
roup Dekko
ept 1600