If you have room, you can use DUPTAP to copy the temporary tape to a virtual tape, then copy it back to your target tape. Unfortunately you will need some room for that.

Can you not just make the new tape the one that you ordinarily use? It's a good chance to introduce new tapes into the rotation.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects