From: "Gary Kuznitz " <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/06/2011 02:01 PM
Subject: Can't print to remote outq

I can't seem to print to a remote outq and I can't figure out why.

I setup a remote outq with this CLP:
PGM
ENDWTR WTR(HP990) OPTION(*IMMED)
MONMSG MSGID(CPf3313) /* Writer HP5IP not active +
nor on job queue. */

DLYJOB DLY(15)
CLROUTQ OUTQ(HP990)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF3357) /* Output queue In Library +
*LIBL not found. */

DLTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/HP990)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF2105) /* Object in QUSRSYS type +
*OUTQ not found. */

CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/HP990) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) +
RMTPRTQ(HP990) AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) +
DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*HP4000) +
INTNETADR('75.79.xxx.xxx') DESTOPT('xaix +
xautoq') SEPPAGE(*NO) TEXT('Remote Print +
Manager to PDF') AUTCHK(*DTAAUT)
ENDPGM
Of course the xxx.xxx has a valid IP address.

In WrkActJob it has a writer in QSPL
Work with Remote Writer

Writer . . . . . . . : HP990 User . . . . . . . . : QSPLJOB
Number . . . . . . . : 161306

Started by user . . . . . . . . . . . : QSECOFR
Waiting on message . . . . . . . . . : N
Held . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
End pending . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
Hold pending . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
Between files . . . . . . . . . . . : N
On job queue . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
File being written . . . . . . . . . . : QPQUPRFIL
File number . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1

It has a spool job that it's trying to write.

The outq shows it's ready to write:
HP990 QUSRSYS 1 HP990 RLS

Work with Output Queue

Queue: HP990 Library: QUSRSYS Status: RLS/WTR

Opt File User User Data Sts Pages Copies Form Type
Pty
QPQUPRFIL GARYT SND 2 1 *STD 5

I have a packet monitor on the LAN of the AS/400 that shows no packets are
coming
from the AS/400. I don't have a firewall on the AS/400. It is connected
through a
hub to the router. I am using Client access remotely through the same
router and I do
see port 23 traffic.

I have had this working in the past. Any ideas why the AS/400 model 150
wouldn't be
sending the spool file?

Thanks,

Gary Kuznitz