With a virtual tape, you would FTP it over to the remote site (or use the replication software) and do a move operation in BRMS. Now both systems are aware of each tape and can act accordingly. You may be able to use the dupe tape option but I have not tried that. Sounds like a small research project.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects