Thanks for the feedback, Jon. This is what makes the list archives such a valuable resource...

-Eric DeLong

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon S
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 12:09 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ODBC 64 Bit

Thanks for the replies all. I found the solution so I will post it in case some else comes across this.

The latest service packs for iSeries Access, at least for V5R4 and up, contains two ODBC managers, one for 32 and one for 64 bit. A system DSN has to be created in both identically because some things want to use the 32 and some things the 64. Once I figured that out, the last thing stopping me was that I needed to add the connection string to the i in the advanced options when creating the ColdFusion ODBC Data Source specifying the User ID and Password.

Thanks, Jon