I am prototyping a program which does batch FTP.

[ Cannot use FTPAPI... ;-( ]

1) Bound CL program A calls RPGIV program B which builds the FTP script in
the source file.

2) Then program A calls bound CL program C, which overrides INPUT to the
member containing the FTP script built by program B. The FTP script uses
MGET FILEXXX.* to get multiple files beginning with the characters "FILEXXX"
from the remote server.

Example of the remote files being retrieved:
FILEXXX.1.A000001
FILEXXX.2.A000002

The result of the MGET is a file named FILEXXX in the current library, with
two members:
A000001 and A000002.

So far, so good.

In order to capture the file and member names received, I want to use the
RCVMSG command in CLLE program C to retrieve the completion messages that
appear in the job log.

The specific messages in which I am interested are the CPC7301 and CPC7305
messages issued by the FTP processor, but I cannot seem to get it to work
properly - I never receive these completion messages in my RCVMSG loop:

CPC7301 Completion 00 08/18/11 20:11:16.133800 QDDCPF
QSYS 0567 QC2SYS QSYS *STMT
To module . . . . . . . . . : QC2SYS
To procedure . . . . . . . : system
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 6
Message . . . . : File FILEXXX
created in library SJLFTP.

CPC7305 Completion 00 08/18/11 20:11:16.157120 QDDCPFM
QSYS 005B QC2SYS QSYS *STMT
To module . . . . . . . . . : QC2SYS
To procedure . . . . . . . : system
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 6
Message . . . . : Member A000001
added to file FILEXXX in SJLFTP.

CPC7305 Completion 00 08/18/11 20:11:16.264264 QDDCPFM
QSYS 005B QC2SYS QSYS *STMT
To module . . . . . . . . . : QC2SYS
To procedure . . . . . . . : system
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 6
Message . . . . : Member A000002
added to file FILEXXX in SJLFTP.

Does anyone have a working example of code which does something similar?

Regards,
SJL