To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Jon Paris
Date: 08/18/2011 03:54PM
Subject: Re: Remote Access to IBM i Conferences (was IBM i DevCon)

On Aug 18, 2011, at 5:33 AM, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 There's obviously an advantage when doing a live event to be able
to interact at some level with the audience.  People attend (or wish
to attend) because they want to hear *you* speak and potentially to
ask questions on the spot.

 Having a chat session going where someone collates the questions to
feed you during the Q & A portion would add value by allowing people
that can't physically be there to almost be there.

I guess so Mark - but right now the viability from an economic standpoint looks shaky.

Out of interest how much would you (or anyone else tuned in to this thread) be prepared to pay? The pricing not only has to cover the actual costs etc. but also to potentially offset the revenue lost from those potential attendees who decide to save money by signing up for the web version not the live event.

Unlike organizations like COMMON, DevCon and ourselves have to pay for all of our staff and speakers so the economic model for our live events is pretty risky to begin with.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com