From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:46 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Audit of usrprf's

I will say this.

1 - We find the spool auditing helpful. We did find a user who was using
an Infor option to look at an output queue instead of just his spool
files. He was deleting all spool files in the output queue. He was
re-educated.

2 - My boss, progressive as he is, fought auditing because of concerns
about performance and disk storage. He had valid concerns. When we
started using a HA solution and had to audit people went nuts over the
audit capability. They request more detail, and longer retention than the
HA solution needs. Our journal library is fifteen orders of magnitude
larger than our main ERP data library.
PRTDSKINF *LIB...
% of Size in
Library Owner Disk 1000 bytes
#MXJRN MIMIXOWN 24.68 1566605676.5
QGPL QSYS 4.61 292850380.8
ERPLXF SSA 1.57 99703386.1

And adding the following significantly helped our system performance. Much
more so than SSD's.
Resource
ID Option Feature Description
5770SS1 42 5117 HA Journal Performance
It isn't free.

But what's a few terabytes here and there?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738