Oh and the AFP driver has a setting to print text as graphics....which
will ensure the the text you see on the screen matches what comes out
of the printer.

But of course the price you'll pay is a larger overlay.

Note that if you're printer to actual AFP printers, there's a setting
in the AFP customization object to tell the system/printer to download
resources once and save them on the printer.

Not sure if that works for ASCII printers via HPT.

HTH,
Charles