Just letting those know this from what I found out. I was under the
impression that if I had the latest CUME and group PTF's that I would not
have an issue loading a new POWER7 box from tape via 01D-IPL. I did and it
bombs off with a B6080801. After 3 hours on the phone with support I have
found out that my RSE level is to old on the power6 side to support the
reload on power7. I don't have the time to migrate the old power6 box to a
level that the power7 needs nor the time to re-create the 21 save tape. I
was told I have 2 options since the box was pre-shipped from IBM, boot in
manual mode and load up the current CUME etc on it, then reipl and load os
or just boot and load the os. I am taking the first option. I wasn't aware
that the RSE-levels were going to be an issue and had not really thought
about it nor researched it that it might be. Posting this in case someone
else has a project like this and then get(s) stuck like I have.