I thought Rob was asking about partitions, not ASPs. That said, putting that many Domino servers in their own partition would allow you to better isolate the I/O and memory usage of Domino. You could achieve the same thing by using /Independent/ ASPs and memory pools that are separated.

My biggest concern with the screen print below is that it is too short of an observation to be sure what's going on. Rob, can you post one that has about 6 - 8 minutes on it? Also use the advanced view so the transitions are visible as well. I always push Domino/HTTP/WAS etc into their own pool because the paging characteristics are different from traditional workloads. In a system this large, and with a customer that has a knowledgeable system admin, I turn/off/ performance tuning and do it manually. I find it provides a more balanced system.

If the system is performing accecptably with the mixed workload, and application management is not a concern, I would not put up a second LPAR just for Domino. All that does is give yet another instance of IBM i to patch and manage with very little real return for the effort.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects