Jorge

Are you tring to find S36 procedures nested inside other S36 procedures?  Are the S36 procedures not in a source file...such as QS36PRC that you can look at?

Mary ----- Original Message -----

From: jmoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:30:14 PM
Subject: Re: Is there a way to find the current system/36 procedure name ?

Hello Douglas,

I have gone up and down the Work Management API s and did not get any
hits.
I was hoping to find anything along the Job Structure in the MI
materialization API .. but no luck there ither

This midrange-l is pretty good. It allows me to bounce ideas with people
that have had experience with this type of thing

Take care and thanks again

Jorge Moreno
Woodbury, New York
\

Douglas Handy <dhandy@xxxxxxxxx>
07/21/2011 09:09 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Is there a way to find the current system/36 procedure name ?

Jorge,

Found the . . .   ?PROC?  .. but this applies only to the Primary
procedure name

There is no OCL substitution expression for the current procedure name,
just
the outermost name as you have already found.  Aside from the manuals, in
the S36EE you can type HELP PCE (i.e. Procedure Control Expressions) to
get
a listing and documentation on the OCL expressions that control
procedures.
The first in that list is substitution expressions which are all the
things
inside a pair of ?...? including ?PROC?

If you really need this in your OCL, what you will have to do is find
which
work mgmt API lets you get at this, then code a RPG ILE program to call
that
and place it in the LDA.  Your OCL can then retrieve it out of the LDA. If
you placed it in positions 501-510 you would use ?L'501,10'?:

I've not looked at the work mgmt APIs in awhile, but I would be surprised
if
it were not available there somewhere.

Doug