Are there any messages in the writer joblog?

Charles

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:04 AM, John McKee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Charles.  I have been using PRTERMSG(*INFO).  Works OK, as long as the cause is dealt with promptly.  Multiple systems feed a lot of printers here.  Another system is HP, and it does not seem to have issues with the writer shutting down.

John McKee

-----Original message-----
From: Charles Wilt charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:59:21 -0500
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Activation timer setting on 3812 Lexmark

Check PRTERRMSG
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/00e3c3d5af21afa6862565c2007d437f?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=4#_Section4

Printer Error Message (PRTERRMSG)
This defaults to *INQ. For the R410 operating system and above, this
should be set to *INFO so the printer's message queue will receive
informational messages whenever possible. If this is set to *INQ and a
problem occurs on the printer (for example, out of forms or a paper
jam) a message will be sent to the printer's message queue that must
be answered before printing can continue. Often, this can also cause
the writer to end while in the middle of a spooled file.

HTH,
Charles