From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 1:03 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Latest best-practice for reclaim storage

How is everyone using (or not) using RCLSTG command? We use to run it
either just before or just after a OS upgrade (usually just because we
already had the system scheduled for downtime) but recently we have not
done that (since about V5R3) due to the extra downtime needed. We have
been stuck on V5R4 until just this past weekend and did not run it when
we went to V7R1, again because of the extra downtime needed. Should a
Reclaim Storage still be part of our normal routine maintenance or is
that now something we should not worry about unless IBM tells us we
should to fix some reported problem?

Thanks