Would this be something that can be rolled out to ALL users in the
company? Or are there certain tasks that this setup doesn't work well
with? How well does VMWare work with more resource intensive applications
such as AutoCad?

Are the developers switching as well?

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxx>
07/06/2011 05:02 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Virtual desktop.

Yes, where it is: a) backed up regularly, b) protected from physically
walking out the door, and c) cheaper.

Only C really counts....

OK, deployment of a new instance of a desk top taking about 30 seconds
is a benefit, and restoring a broken user back to functional in the same
30 seconds is of some use. Recovering the boss's lost spreadsheet he
deleted yesterday is of marginal value, etc....

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects