Irritating, isn't it?

Per a message from David, the archives are down until tonight.  Once
they're up, check out a thread called "IBM i Access windows don't save
size". In the meantime, this is (was) my final post in that thread:

<post>

Joe,

This is an old thread, I've had the same problem for months, and I
just solved it for myself.

In i Access properties, I have it set to a folder of my choosing
("C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\Private" the old place
what used to be the default some releases ago). I have my pcswin.ini
and *.ws files in that folder.

I looked in the default folder ("C:\Documents and
Settings\jeff\Application Data\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\private")
and, lo and behold, there was a pcswin.ini and *.ws files in there
that looked suspiciously like copies of those from the "folder of my
choosing". I blew these files away and viola, it now works as I
expect. (I don't know how they got there, I suspect the V7R1 install
copied them there. Just a guess.)

It's as if even though I say to use a different folder, it still
checks the default folder(s) first.

If you haven't resolved it for you, you might give this a try.

</post>

Shortly thereafter it started acting flaky again, so I just moved all
my files to the default folder and started working out of there. I
also put on the latest service pack around that time. I haven't had
that issue since.