My bet is prepared to underwhelmed. I worked for a company a few years ago
that ran a java app on the iSeries. It was taking 20 minutes to run. They
moved it to a Tomcat server and it took twenty seconds. I know things are
better but I bet if you move to PC server it will be many times faster.
Unless you throw a huge amount of memory and processor at it you are just
not going to get the performance.

I don't really understand this. The iSeries should be a primer Java platform
but it never has been. I suspect it has to do with the job architecture but
I have never heard why iSeries is so weak on Java.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Wyatt, Chris (FGWA-IL) <