Just create two different device descriptions with your preferred settings and assign the same LAN IP address for both device descriptions, that simple.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pat Barber
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:05 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: WSCST and conflicts

Several months ago I modified a wscst for a customer so that the laser
printer
would do a better job of "filling" out the page with better spacing, etc.

I recall that the instructions stated that ALL printed reports would be
modified
by the wscst and I figured that would be fine. The print really looks
good and
the customer was quite happy with the results.

(I have lost the instructions on what mods I made to the wscst)

Things change....

We are now moving the AP checks from a old Lexmark 2391 dot matrix
to the new laser printer.....

The new printer is a Lexmark X466 and it is configured as LAN printer.

I ran a few tests and discovered that the AP checks need to be printed
at 6LPI
and when using the printer with the modified wscst, it will NOT print at
6LPI.

Isn't there a way to have two printer device descriptions pointing to
the same
printer ???

One device description with the wscst and one without the wscst

I can only vaguely remember doing this in the past.