Dave,

Program 2 is RPGLE - actually all 3 programs are RPGLE. There are no
display files in program 2 - unused or otherwise. I suppose it is possible
that program 2 calls other programs that might have a "hidden" display file,
before program 3 is called. I'll put it in debug again to check that out.
The only display files that are open during each step are associated with
programs 1 and 3, but I didn't not check for each called program from
program 2. More debugging ahead.

Thanks.
Mark Plank