For most purposes, including yours, the 5702 will do just fine, I use them interchangeably. The difference is that 5775 (CCIN 571A) can be used without an IOP for some devices (NOT LTO!) while the 5702 cannot. I think the cards are the same speed as well.

This rather old doc says they are both supported: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/resources/systems_storage_tape_pdf_compatibility_ts3100_ts3200_interop.pdf

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis