John,

Are you in the US (IIRC, code page 0037). What happens if you just "code and
paste" a set of accented characters in a temp file and try to print it (just
to check if the characters print)?

In my case (code page 284), the letters:
*á*
*é*
*í*
*ó*
*ú*
*ñ*

(accented (lower case) vowels in order, plus a *n *with a tilde on top), map
to the following hex chars:

45
51
55
CE
DE
6A

IIRC, IBM indexes this under "Globalization" in the Infocenter.

I'll try to dig it a little more and if I have more info for you will write
you another post.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez