Design Change Request - Thank You for your Design Change Request
submission regarding System i.

You request has been acknowledged and issued the following
Marketing Requirement Tracking number : MR0519114032
Document Status: Acknowledged

Title: Fix HMC to support current browsers

Description : Upgraded browser to FF 4.0.1 and now various parts of the
HMC are not viewable
from my PC.
IBM is not following their precedent set when Adobe changed their reader
to be
less forgiving of poorly formatted .pdf files and IBM had to scramble to
get
Infoprint Server to generate properly formatted .pdf files. Until that
frantic
fix people with the latest Adobe reader could not read .pdf files
generated by
Infoprint server.
History repeats itself.
Now FF4.0.1 (and I hear also the latest version of IE - I'm still
backlevel on
IE) will not properly format the HMC screens displayed by the following
version
of HMC
Version: 7
Build Level: 20100225.1
Release: 7.1.0
Base Version: V7R7.1.0
Service Pack: 1
Model Type: eserver xSeries 335 -[7310CR2]-
Serial Number: 103404A
BIOS: T2E139AUS

Don't point me to some url which states that the HMC remote connectivity
is
only supported on browsers that are long out of date. If a software
vendor was
to tell me that their product was not supported on 6.1 or 7.1 of i and I
needed to stay at 5.4 for all
eternity I would replace them. (I have.)

Design Change Requests
IBM i5/OS System i