We brought down our partitions out of order (when powering the system down)
and the hosted partitions 'called home' saying they had lost contact with
their network storage device. Didn't that happen here?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:41 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: I missed another memo

Ok. Now we come down to the pro's and con's of bringing down your guested
partitions first. Let me toss out a couple of questions.

1 - If the IPL of the hosting partition applies some ptf's applying to
partition hosting, could negative ramifications occur?
2 - If the power down of the hosting partition also includes powering down
the whole unit to apply some non concurrent firmware could negative
ramifications occur?
3 - If you bring the hosting partition down to a restricted state and try to
save '/QFPNWSSTG' will undesirable results occur?
4 - If while the hosting partition is down you replace a cache card and/or a
disk drive could negative ramifications occur? Keeping in mind that, if
done properly, then nothing negative would have been experienced on the
hosting partition.
5 - If you bring this whole system down this way and leave it down for a
length of time could negative ramifications occur? Perhaps long enough to
ship your system from one city to another?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738