Of course, I meant, BAXTER.x.x.net below, not X.Org. The Mail Server is the
point of contention here.

Hi, John:

Direct answer of your question about "what does it mean..."
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/RDNS_NONE

Also, here's some excellent reading material.
http://tcnoc.com/faq/#REPORTSPAM In particular, use CTRL+F to find rDNS,
and read each point about that. Seems very clear and concise.

Most Windoze installations include nslookup in the standard installation.
So in a DOS box, do this:

nslookup X.org (where X.org is the unobfuscated value from below).

A result will come back like:
Name: x.org
Address: 1.2.3.4

Now, type nslookup 1.2.3.4
The result will include a canonical name (maybe like
4.3.2.1-something-something.isp.com)

Now let's look up the canonical name. Type nslookup
4.3.2.1-something-something.isp.com

The resulting address(es) should *include* or *be* 1.2.3.4.

Let us know if those match. If they do not, then the PTR record is not set
up correctly, or the updates haven't made their way back to you. If they
do, then the problem is elsewhere, or the PTR updates have not reached
COX.NET's internals.

Also, if you have anyone with AOL.COM or COMCAST.NET that you can experiment
with ... do your messages from the i reach them?

Dennis Lovelady
"A billion here, a billion there -- pretty soon it adds up to real money."
-- Everett Dirksen (in U.S. Senate)

This looks better. But, I think I was always able to receive emails
from BAXTER. Still >seems< to have rDNS issue, according to the spam
scanner. But, the top now has the URL and the IP, below (slightly
scrubbed). I tried sending an email from work using my work email as
sender, to a Cox account. No reject error, so far. So what is with
the last line about no rDNS? Also says something about a missing
message id header. I am going to look at the headers closely on
Monday.

John McKee