Hi Larry, thanks for responding. When we endsbs *all the flooding stops. It's a 5706.

Since the flooding started at 3:30 am and that's when we were upgrading (lic probably done by then) the network guys are saying it must have been us (which seems correct)

-----Original Message-----
From: DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, May 14, 2011 7:59 pm
Subject: Re: V6 Upgrade Trouble

I have done MANY of these and never seen IPV6 flood a network. Actually
've never seen IPV4 floods from an i either for that matter.
Does the flood stop while the system is IPLing or does it continue
hroughout? Frankly the only part of IPV6 that actually is configured
y default is the loopback address ::1. There is no IPV6 configured on
ny Ethernet line unless you did so so this on the surface doesn't make
ny sense at all.
I'm assuming that the network guys are saying 'from this LPAR' because
he MAC address is a match to that of your Ethernet line. You didn't say
hat sort of Ethernet card the machine has (i.e. 5706 or IVE card for
xample)
Can we be sure the switch itself isn't at fault here? Tried any other
orts on the switch?
- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis