As others have said, I think this is the intended behavior, and it has always worked that way...

A few other examples:

CALL PGM(*LIBL/SOMEPGM)

It doesn't matter if there are 4 programs named SOMEPGM in my library list, it only calls the first one.

Similarly:
DSPPFM FILE(*LIBL/SOMEFILE)

This doesn't display all files named SOMEFILE in my library list, it only displays the first one. And...

OVRDBF FILE(*LIBL/SOMEFILE) MBR(SOMEMBR)

This doesn't override to all files named SOMEFILE that have a member named SOMEMBR. (What would THAT to do the called program?) And it doesn't even override to the first SOMEFILE that contains SOMEMBR... It only overrides to the first SOMEFILE in the library list. If that first copy of SOMEFILE doesn't have a member named SOMEMBR, you get an error when you try to open the file.

So... this behavior of finding the first (rather than all) object in a library list is ubiquitous on IBM i. In general, it seems that WRKxxx commands typically show all, whereas any other type of command usually shows only the first one found.

Is this causing a problem for you? If so, we might be able to suggest an alternative or workaround if you describe the problem.