Sender: S1015362@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:42:51 -0500
From: X_X_ER_CENTER <S1015362@xxxxxxx> [+]
To: JMMCKEE@xxxxx <JMMCKEE@xxxxx> [+]
Subject: PHI!!
From: Dennis iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:36:48 -0500
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Email oddity

How is the message being created? Is it possible to share the headers of that message (sans any personal details) with the group?

I've seen a couple of issues like this. One was at a large US Government site, that was black-listed by Verizon. Not pretty, and only a policy change at Verizon cleared it up. I don't remember the details behind the isssue - had something to do with sender domain or sending server's CNAME record, I think, though. Anyway, the apparent effect was that any mail that server sent could be received, except by VZ customers.

The other is DNS/Routing, though this is pretty rare. A DNS at one installation had invalid information for a large recipient server, like Cox.

Might want to check the spam rules and any mailbox options at the Cox site too.

Good luck.

"jmmckee" <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was asked, to ask, if anybody has seen this.

Guy here attempts to send an email from the i to his personal email
account at cox.net. Never gets it. He can have the i send to my
personal email and all is well. He can send an email from Outlook to
his Cox account, and that goes through as well.

I have suggested to him that Cox may be doing address verification, and
that what he has chosen for a sender name does not match, exactly, the
registered name in the mail server. The i is NOT the mail server.

Any ideas as to why a mail generated from Outlook would go through to
Cox, but not from the i?

MAILTOOL would be nice, but not likely an option.

John McKee
list

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone with with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.