Rob wrote:

Marc,

When you say "you just have to lpr the..." what do you mean?

Sorry for the lack of information.

Once the BMRS recovery reports are printed to a spool file, use lpr
(or SNDTCPSPLF) command for each one of them.

Set following parameters with appropriate values:

RMTSYS : name or *INTNETADR for specifying an IP address of an lpd
enabled system (you can easily start lpd server on an IBM i partition
with STRTCPSVR SERVER(*LPD))

PRTQ : print queue on the lpd server ; for an IBM i, it is an output
queue

(lpd information on IBM i:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzalu/rza
luconfiglprlpd.htm)

DESTTYP : if you lpr to an IBM i, specify *AS400 ; if you lpr to, let's
say a Unix or Linux, specify *OTHER

TRANSFORM : if you lpr to an IBM i, I suggest to specify *NO ; if you
lpr to a Unix or Linux, specify *YES to make an EBCDIC to ASCII
conversion

DESTOPT : depending on the lpd server, you may want to specify some
options here ; nothing to be done for when sending the spool file to an
IBM i

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/cl/lpr.ht

Remember that while in restricted state, you can start TCP/IP with
STRTCP STRSVR(*NO) STRIFC(*NO) STRPTPPRF(*NO) STRIP6(*NO) command, then
start the IP interface, through CFGTCP, NETSTAT or STRTCPIFC command.
BRMS uses this technique to query information related to a media the
systems does not own when used in a networking environment.