Joe,
I have put out a message to the Mozilla devs asking for clarification on
why the function keys are not allowed to be fully trapped in JS and how
difficult it would be to allow it. I understand where you are coming from
here, but I don't think it has anything to do with the devs being lazy. It
has to do with the paradigm on windows (or other OSs). The Fkeys are open
game for the program running. Just like they are open game for the 5250
emulator. Until the idea of 5250 emulation in the browser came along,
there really wasn't any call for function key accessibility in the
browser.

When were you able to use all the Fkeys in IE? I'm not aware that it was
ever possible.... could you share more about how it worked?

Could you do it w/o using ActiveX? If so you're in the realm of vendor
lock in which is supposed to be the antithesis of what the web is about.
How would a Linux or Mac user use an IE based app with ActiveX then?
Answer: They don't.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/09/2011 03:22 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Warning - Firefox v4 not compatible with HMC 7.7.1