Hear, hear!

I have a Galaxy Tablet that I use for most of my work-hours internet-related activities now (this message is being typed on one). I dearly love the technology. The implementation: not so much, because someone decided that soft keyboards should not have function keys (nor Ctrl, nor Esc, nor Alt). Therefore, our standard is now reduced to basically the printable characters plus Enter. Even TAB is iffy, and END's function is to make the device sleep. :(

It's a huge limitation that makes terminal emulation alomst impossible (though some software adds reprieve by including a special means of entering Ctrl/Esc keys. The idea of least-common-demoninator should not apply to upgrade paths (assuming that new technology = upgrade), but somehow it seems to.